Welcome to the IUOE State Unit 12 website. IUOE Locals 3, 12, 39, and 501 collectively represent some 250 city, county, special districts, and schools bargaining units within the Public Sector in addition to State Unit 12. The four Locals have some 150 full time Union business agents actively servicing the membership, a team of Union Legislative Representatives who monitor all legislation, actively oppose harmful legislation, actively carry bills that are beneficial to our members.
Breaking News: (Click here to get archived news)
- May 6, 2013: Unfortunately another tragedy occured in relation to the recent
Caltrans Memorial when Dean Patton, 51, of Grass Valley was killed on his way to the memorial in Sacramento. Our deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of Mr. Patton. Get more iinformation the Governors statement on this tragedy.
- April 25, 2013: Our deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) maintenance workers Shawn Baker and Joseph Robert Jones who died as the result of a recent tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers also go out to another worker, Kevin Skillen who was injured in the incident. See the Governors statement on this tragedy.
- April 5, 2013: IUOE State Unit 12 'Sunshined' with the State of California', officially opening up contract negotiations. To date, we have received 587 Pre-Negotiation forms back from our members expressing their top concerns for the negotiation team to work on at the table. IUOE State Unit 12 Rank and File team members and union representatives will be meeting with the State on April 23rd, 2013 to go over ground rules and schedule the upcoming contract negotiation meetings. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Local Union Representative.
- Mar. 22, 2013: Union members call for end to bypass delay
Even before Caltrans began construction Feb. 25 on the $210 million bypass, which aims to alleviate traffic congestion and air pollution, the project has stirred heated arguments...Union tradesmen put their collective foot down Thursday, showing support for the Willits Bypass Project and calling for an end to delays. Read the Willits News now...
- Feb. 25, 2013: CalPERS Webinar - Don't miss this opportunity to learn more about early career basics for retirement.
Not ready for retirement, but want a better understanding of your CalPERS benefits? Attend our free webinar and learn about benefits provided by CalPERS and the strategic choices you can make to maximize your retirement security. Get more details about these two upcoming webinars.
- Dec. 22, 2012: Contract negotiations are beginning the Spring of 2013. Your input on changes to the MOU are greatly appreciated. Please click here to fill out the 2013 Pre-Negotiations form online then print and fax it to our office at (916) 444-6877 no later than February 28, 2013.